Terms & Conditions
1. Deposit: A deposit of US$400 is required at time of booking.
2. Cancellation: If the booking is cancelled up to January 1st, 2014, the deposit will be refunded. After January 1, 2014 if the booking is cancelled there is no refund of deposit. Travellers are advised to take out travel insurance to cover cost of cancellation in the case of emergency or health issue.
3. Onward costs: Travellers are required to cover the costs of onward or return travel, for instance back to Porto. Trains and buses are readily available, at minimal cost.
4. Cancellation of tour: Bill Bennett reserves the right to cancel the tour. If so, all monies collected will be refunded in full. Bill Bennett undertakes to provide all services listed above.
5. Tour Leader: In the event of a personal or family illness, or other circumstance where Bill Bennett cannot lead the tour, the tour participants will be offered a replacement tour leader, or full cancellation at no charge
6. Non-Liability/Force Majeure: Bill Bennett is not liable in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable, including, without limitation, delays, change of aircraft services, alterations to any other travel services, illness, injuries, strikes, civil disturbances of whatsoever nature interfering with, altering, or adding to the cost of the service requested or booked. Bill Bennett is not liable for any dissatisfaction you may have with services on tour, including airlines and hotels.
7. Participant’s responsibilities: Participants should be physically fit and capable of undertaking the rigours of a walking pilgrimage, particularly extensive walking (15 – 25 kms a day). Please refer to the itinerary and note the kilometres each day. Participants must make their own arrangements if they have special medicinal, pharmaceutical, or dietary requirements. Travellers must possess valid travel documents. It is your responsibility to comply with the health, visa, and passport requirements that may apply in places you intend to visit. 8. Local Laws: Participants must obey all local laws. 9. Acceptance of Terms: It is a condition of booking that receipt of deposit signifies acceptance by you all terms and conditions of the tour set out here.